ff-extreme

plexiglass?

OK Ive never made one but i have read that you can make a sign on Plexiglas (makes sense) apply the design on the back of the Plexiglas then paint over the design from the back. heres my question, is there a certain paint you use ?

Never done it, but I read ppl putting vinyl on the back for color...Or you can always buy colored plexi! I assume spraypaint with a clear coat on top (on the back) will do the trick...?

FF, I opted out of painting the back of the plexi, because unless you can get one super nice look with the paint (with no streaks and only have an 'even' look) it makes it difficult. Plus depending on the thickness of the plexi, it's not cheap.

When we did the 4x8 plexi project, we used white vinyl on the back and the vinyl on the front of the plexi.

What size are you looking to do?

Jenny

Thanks everyone for the feedback, Jen I don't have a project to do with it right now just trying to learn a little for the future.

Well geez Jon, where were you weeks ago when I needed to know this??  ;)

FF, good to learn all you can BEFORE a project, I guess...see I'm still learning myself...but only base my answers from my own personal experience.

Jen, I did see your post on how you did yours. Thought putting that large of vinyl would be a PIA. Just good to know other options for the future  ;)