onebusymomma

help with vectorizing

I am using sign blazer elements and am new to all of this...  :o

I am trying to create some Stick Family images and everytime I vectorize them, the image fills in.. so the face is just a big black blob, with no eyes or mouth....

HOW do I get the eyes and mouth to show up?

TIA!

Guest fivestar

Post the file you have created and let someone look at it and see if maybe they are there, just hidden.

Guest fivestar

When you reply to this message click on the "Additional Options" and you'll see it there.

Guest fivestar

Darn forgot I can't open a signblazer file.  Could someone covert it to an eps and I'll take a look at it.

Here you go Five:

It would help to have the .jpg or .bmp that you are trying to vectorize so we can see what it is supposed to look like. Can you upload that too?

Mom.EPS

Guest fivestar

Yes Jay that would definitely help, so we know what it's supposed to look like.

Guest fivestar

Not for sure why yours came out like it did OBM but here's a quick trace from me.  Probably needs a little cleaning up.

Mom2.eps

Mom2.eps

Guest fivestar

I use Corel Draw, so I simply hit the trace button and that's what came out.

Guest fivestar

Someone else will have to chime in on that, I've never used Paintshop Pro and have never used SBE to vectorize.  Someone will be by to answer it, I'm sure.

SBE does not have the best vectorizing feature out there, so alot of folks use InkScape (www.inkscape.org) to vectorize, then save as an .eps and import to SBE for cutting. InkScape is a free grpahics program with similar functionalities as Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.

thank you. I downloaded the 15 day trial of corel draw, but until i can get some $$ coming in from my vinyl cutter, I cant afford to buy the program. Ill check out inkscape.

thank you. I downloaded the 15 day trial of corel draw, but until i can get some $$ coming in from my vinyl cutter, I cant afford to buy the program. Ill check out inkscape.

Can't beat the price of InkScape.....

;)

how do you vectorize in inkscape?

Should be step by step instructions in the InkScape category, as well as how to save your file in .eps format, so it is easy to import in to SignBlazer.