Sign in to follow this  
DTFuqua

Flexi starter with dongle

I have purchased the flexi starter with dongle. Will That allow me to install to two computers but only use one at a time ?

Hi John. Thats very cool. I understand the flexi people are pretty protective or their software and can understand. I very much appreciate your responce and hope all is well with you and family. Good luck and I'm going to search some more of yout posts.

Terry

I must have missed something. everything is setup but when I send cut to graphtec, all I get is a lot of small code type cuts and runs out of space (width) on vinyl and gets some kind of error about runnung out of  media or something like that. Please help. I can't afford anymore expenses till I can get something going. Am losing work as I type this so please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the graphtec CE5000-60. Not sure if this is what your refering to for drivers but I had to change from the graphtec gpgl or whatever it is, to the hpgl. Everything else is standard graphrec stuff from the setup CD. Thanks and good luck.

Terry

Post screen shots from your production mananger. All tabs.

Also, how is your cutter connected? parallel, serial, USB.

If XP, does your cutter showup in your control panel under printers?

Jon

OK It a graphtec CE 5000-60 using USB and the ntwo  computers are one vista and the other XP. I kinda go a work around with Corel.I lay the entire tjob out and save in Corel and just import and cut. This is what I had intended to start with when I bought the Flexi Starter, but just was doing some text for magnetic sign and tried to just do it in Flexi. BTW, I have cut that set of signs three times and haven't even tried to put masking on the third cut till I get an area setup to do this one right (hopefully). I got the weeding better, not a perfect job, but it will work. Just haven't gotten the masking down yet. I need to get some eraseable markers to do layout for magnets cause removing vinyl from magnet material isn't fun. I am progressing and learning every day.

thanks and good luck.

Terry

I always do magnets wet. Usually I can pull the tape within 60 seconds if I squeegee well. If you want to get things straight but want to do dry...use the hinge method.

Hi John. Hope things are well with you and yours. I'm having problems just getting the mask/carrier on the cut out words. Every time I tried, I would get a lot of wrinkles and ruin the vinyl. Wifes not well right now so my time to get materials and make a rack to hold the roll steady while I pull it out and lay it on the vinyl that I cut. I really need to clear out the front Broom to make a work area and get everything set up with some sort of work flow arraignment  This is not rocket science so I will get things working where I can get something done. Take care and good luck.

Terry

Thank you Jon. I already have the driver as well as the latter version of cutting master plugin and have updated the firmware. AS for the screen shots, I have solved the problem with just going back to my plan when I bought flexi starter and do all drawing, setup and layout in corel and make sure the diminsions are correct and then just import into flexi starter and use it to cut everything out. It, the flexi, seems to do a good kob of adding weed lines so that is about the only part I use besides just cutting.Thanks for the help and good luck.

Terry

For putting on masking.

When I first started I would roll out the masking and place it on a table Sticky side up.

Lay the decal on the mask and than squeegee.

Jack