Fbomb

Another banner

2'x5' banner...My first encounter with a long graphic. What a PITA!!!

First off the 2 myspace bars ran ganged/stacked, but the bottom one didn't line up properly??? The thin outline didn't close (cut) on one but did on the other (and they ran ganged)...I had to go oldschool and re shape the corners with an xacto. Then if you look closely the "p" in "myspace" came right to the edge of the bottom one but was fine on the top...I simply duplicated the image in SB.

Then the application...Due to the limited space, I had to run the bars right along with the hem. Ugh, that was a hassle getting straight! The slightest bit off and it was obvious.

All and all it came out good enough for me to be proud of. And the customer was happy!

post-3375-12986528356484_thumb.jpg

post-3375-12986528368885_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, I had something similar happen with a name for a hockey jersey. Same name cut out of 2 different colors using the same file. I just clicked cut again after loading the 2nd color. The second letter moved, like yours, just enough to mess it up. I can't figure out how /why it would do that either. Never had that happen before. I try to tell myself these little aggravations lead to more knowledge......building character. But it doesn't seem too enlightening when it's happening.

Looks nice, I had something similar happen with a name for a hockey jersey. Same name cut out of 2 different colors using the same file. I just clicked cut again after loading the 2nd color. The second letter moved, like yours, just enough to mess it up. I can't figure out how /why it would do that either. Never had that happen before. I try to tell myself these little aggravations lead to more knowledge......building character. But it doesn't seem too enlightening when it's happening.

Strange...the worst part for me was they were stacked one on top of the other on the same sheet of vinyl...? I guess I should mention I use SB. Maybe thats the problem? Sometimes I have to trick the program into working for me  :angel:

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMPLEMENTS!!!

Looks good  :angel:. The one thing I always have to remember is the customer isnt looking over my shoulder as I work, so if something gets messed up I can fix it, and they are nun the wiser  :D

FBomb, I used CadWorx so it wasn't the software. I wonder if it's something happening when the info is going from the computer to the cutter?? I even looked at the name in the software to make sure it was still in a straight line. Sure enough everything looked good there. Strange, but it is a machine.....