Atom

Sending graphic to plotter takes forever w/ flexi

Hi,

I love my Copam 2500. My problem is when I send graphic to plotter with flexi (7.5) it takes 3-10 mins before it starts cutting. It also waits till computer says 100% cutting before cutting begins. Do I have wrong settings somewhere?

Also I tried several drivers, with my plotter. How can I delete the setups for the drivers I no longer use?

Well, It sounds like your image is 'spooling' or not spooling, one or the other.

But in people terms, It is loading the entire image to memory before cutting begins... However, I dont think that i should take as long as you stated...

But hey, I could be wrong, Im no expert by any means...

I would check a few settings out, goto cut/plot and a window will open up, on the general tab, make sure that you have 'send now' selected. click the advanced tab, make sure pause between pages, and colors is unchecked. click on cutter driver options,  select the cut fast, then give her a whirl...

try it, see what happens, i dont own a copam so im goign in blind...

but as far as deleting the unwanted drivers, open production manager, and simply single left click on the one on the left, then right click and select delete.

I had all those settings already it didn't help.  Thanks though. The first night I had it, it was working fine. I was racing Copam against my other plotter. Copam was faster, more quiet, and more percise :) I wonder what I did to mess it up ;D

I'm open to any other ideas.