hobbymom

Leveling line

I posted this question before and discovered that I don't have the right answer, so I thought I would throw this up again.

I need to figure out how to make a leveling line somewhere??? I have Signcut, Inkscape and Photoshop. I have AI, but it isn't loaded. Anyways, I would like to make a leveling line and a tick mark at the center of whatever I am cutting. Then when it cuts out, I can use that line and a level to make sure whatever I am applying is level. Does that make sense? Anyways, I tried the line tool in Inkscape and it just cuts a line in the vinyl, not a box that is left after I weed. I have no idea if I am making sense here. Anyways, if anyone knows how to do this or what program I should do this in, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Jessica  ;D

So... I think I know what you are wanting....

You want to cut or apply and image that doesnt have any place really to measure accurately and... You want it to be centered both horizontaly and verticly???

Well... This is what I use...

I simple drew a rectangle and then a sqaure... I rotated the square 45? and then centered on both axis... that puts the square right in the middle.  Then I grouped them together so that they would stay centered.  Then, I copied and pasted... put the far right image centered or whatever.  then grouped those.  Then I copied this new group, pasted, applied a 90? rotation then then centered all the squares on both angles... I grouped those and then I can use it to line up and then peal these away after application...

Do I got it right?

PS. drawing a box with an outline around it, around your image can produce the same alignment results...

What I do is use make a rectangle (the length of the artwork but  only about 1/8" high)  horizontally just above the artwork, then I use registration mark and put it right in the center and slightly above the rectangle.  Then when I weed I have these two items to line up my work, naturally after application you peel them off.

Hope this helps!!  ;D

If you are using sign cut you can make two weeding lines close togeather right under your text, Dont weed inbetween them so there is a line left over when you are done