Sign in to follow this  
phred_02

Making lines have width

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to draw lines in Corel Draw that can be cut with signcut.  When I draw a line in corel, I can set the outline width the anything I want and it displays on the screen, but when I export to signcut that information doesn't seem stay.  How do I draw lines that will have some width when they are exported to signcut?

Thanks,

Steven Potter

You can use the contour effect in CorelDraw to make a line into something cuttable. Just select the line, apply the contour size of your choice, break the contour group apart and delete the original line. 

Whether this is a practicle method or not really depends on how the line is being used.  Works great on a stand alone line.  If you are talking about the outline of a graphic then you probably need to do some welding and trimming then contour the whole thing to get an outline with width.

if all you need is a straight line with width.... make a very narrow rectangle and adjust the length to your needs. adjust the width to meet your desired effect. otherwise you're stuck using the contour effect to produce your lines.      daniel t