Sign in to follow this  
IrishShark

Question on Hooking LP up then taking off

I just recieved all the necessary items to hook my LP up to my new desktop. I dont have the ability to hook it up in its main location right now so I wanted to just hook it up in house then reassemble later. If I load sign blazer up and have the LP connected and then disconnect it... Will the computer/sighblazer still recorgnize the LP once disconnected and then reconnected? Ill be using the serial port for the cutter.

Anything I should have a heads up on in initial set up and downloading other than the manual the LP came with. Thanks!

There shouldn't be any issues loading up SBE and then disconnecting and relocating the cutter. You will have the ability to tell your computer which port you want to send the cutting file to (in the cut setup screen).

I use my laptop and am constantly plugging and unplugging the cutter from it.

Just be patient with it ... and any issues you might run into, come back here and post them, we'll do our best to get you an answer asap.

BTW - welcome to the forum, and congrats on your cutter!

Thanks a lot! What I needed to know and trust me, I am definately taking my time. Its been two hours now and I have only accomplished hooking up the comp, hooking the cutter up to the comp by serial, now am in the middle of installing SBE. Haha. Just back to check what the Cutters Baud Rate is for setup.