Sign in to follow this  
txtitan

New PCUT 630 - HELP !

I've got my new pcut 630 set up and signblaxer installed on the comuputer, but I'm having trouble getting it to work right.

I'm using a desktop, running XP, serial connection.

When I send the cutter a job, it was going straight to the left and hits the reset button.

I manually move the cut bar to the far right and now it will cut the first letter and then heads all the way to the left again and hits the reset button.

HELP!!!

Open SignBlazer, go to Cutter, then Setup, and let me know what you have for the top two selections....

creation pcut cte630 hpgl

blazer com2 - communications port

I've tried pcut ct 630 and cte 630 hpgl

The CTE630 HPGL is correct. Using the Serial cable that came with the unit, and not an extended 3rd party cable?

Yes, just the cable that came w/ the unit

also, it's an older computer dedicated to just the cutter

I just got it to cut the test pattern in signblazer!

I installed a couple of new fonts that I wanted to use, could this be my problem?

I just got it to cut the test pattern in signblazer!

I installed a couple of new fonts that I wanted to use, could this be my problem?

Possible. What were you trying to cut before? Could have also been some garbage info. lingering in the buffer memory.

OK, I'm back, I changed my text to times new roman ans it worked.

I was doing two lines of text, the first line in times new roman, the second in pristina,

could that have been the problem, or trying to cut two lines in different fonts?

OK, I'm back, I changed my text to times new roman ans it worked.

I was doing two lines of text, the first line in times new roman, the second in pristina,

could that have been the problem, or trying to cut two lines in different fonts?

I have cut several lines of different fonts without problems, so maybe a particular issue with a font? Hard to say. Have you tried the same thing again now that it is working?

So I got it working last night. My problem the whole time was that I was not moving the cut bar to the far right prior to starting the cut. Is there a way in signblazer to tell it to start where it's suppose to? It knows how wide my vinyl is, etc. Do I always have to position the cutter manually before I start a cut?

Thanks for all your help, Ken.

So I got it working last night. My problem the whole time was that I was not moving the cut bar to the far right prior to starting the cut. Is there a way in signblazer to tell it to start where it's suppose to? It knows how wide my vinyl is, etc. Do I always have to position the cutter manually before I start a cut?

Thanks for all your help, Ken.

Yes, you will have to set the origin on the cutter itself.

:thumbsup: