flambore

everything cut twice?

I have a number of images I created in Illustrator.  I exported as a v8 (and also tried v3) illustrator file.  I imported it into signblazer, and everything looks fine.  I even zoom in, and it's just a single even line.  When I go to cut, I zoom in and again, it looks fine. 

Then I click Cut, and proceed to cut the image.  When it cuts the vinyl, every line is cut twice.  When it's done, I see a black line along with a red and a blue line.  They are overlapping, and not always even. Please see the attached images.

I have sent this illustrator file to a friend who has a different cutter and software, and he has no problems. 

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,

Frank

post-3382-12986528012635_thumb.jpg

post-3382-12986528013208_thumb.jpg

post-3382-12986528031405_thumb.jpg

post-3382-12986528031864_thumb.jpg

you should upload the original file so others can look at it. it sounds lke you have two layers stacked on top of one another.

bb

Sure, if someone would be willing to take a look, that would be great.  The attached ZIP file has the original .AI file, an exported version in ai8 (which is what SB requires for import), and the signblazer version of the file. 

I thought maybe it was a double-stacked image too, but I took it apart the best I could, and didn't see anything like that.

thanks,

Frank

http://flambore.com/frank/hobbies/cubes/custom/axiscube.zip

Thank you!  That works great.  So was it that I need to fill my shapes to make this not cut twice?

I also noticed there's a sort-of path on the cut screen.  Was that something you defined? 

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm fairly new to this and couldn't figure out the double cutting thing to save my life. 

I really appreciate the help.

Frank

frank your sb file has two layers. that is why it cut everything twice. if you select all and split the objects then you will see twice as many objects.

bb

I am having problems with SB cutting my lines 2 and 3 times. I am new to this and I am learning a lot (thank you to all who use the forum!) ... I learned that I can separate my graphics into 4 objects (2 I can see and 2 I cannot see).  When I select all it says there are 18 objects selected.

Question:  What must I do to see the 2 that I cannot see and where or what are the other 14 objects that it says are there?  Are they what is causing me problems.

I have a laserpoint 24 - I use Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape and VectorMagic. My computer is running XP.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jean

post your file so we can disect it and give you a proper answer.

bb