Primal Rage Outdoors

Is it possible to Build a heat press

Walgreen's Black Friday ad is showing a 20" electric griddle on sale for $9.00.  It might be something to look into for a cheap heat source for a home made press.

Great Job PRO  :thumbsup: I guess you feel accomplished now, huh?

Im glad you could make it and that it works. I couldnt have done it, I dont know much about tools other than a screwdriver and a hammer, lol.

Do what they said, wash your shirts many times and see what happens and how the vinyl holds.

My suggestions: Use your press and when you get enough $$$ get yourself a commercial press and use the one you built as a back up. There is good money in t shirts, specially custom made shirts.

Heat Consistency and Pressure are the key in Heat Presses, dont forget that  ;)

Good luck and thanx for sharing the pics ;D

Joe

Forgot to mention that when I started doing this, I had no $ for a press so I considered a sandwich press, for real.

I thought about the sandwich presses, which are a very similar principal, but as camaro said, I will get going with the homemade one, then go from there. I have a background in carpentry and welding, so I'm gonna try a advanced version which will be bigger for doing jogging pants legs n such, then I'm gonna build a platten for hats, what the hell hun, lol !