Sign in to follow this  
momof2boys

Has anyone noticed on ebay the buyers?????

I have been bidding on a UScutter on ebay and keep getting outbidded by users that are all the same. I am very curious about this! I have an ebay store so I know the inside of ebay and I notice that all the bidders are user ID's like, s***s, r***s, etc... I think this is very interesting. I am looking to purchase a cutter but I do not want to be outbid by the system!! Has anyone else noticed the same pattern??? ;D

I think until the auction is finalized, all the "bidders" are given a fake name, and then once the auction is over, you can see who bid what.  ;D

I have been bidding on a UScutter on ebay and keep getting outbidded by users that are all the same. I am very curious about this! I have an ebay store so I know the inside of ebay and I notice that all the bidders are user ID's like, s***s, r***s, etc... I think this is very interesting. I am looking to purchase a cutter but I do not want to be outbid by the system!! Has anyone else noticed the same pattern??? ;D

Is the same user winning the auctions ? There was an option when i was bidding on copams last year that allowed you to set a price on duplicate auctions . If you won an auction , the rest was cancelled . If you didn't win , bids were put in the next auction until you won or had reached the max bid amount . I bid for about a month before I won an auction . If you had been bidding against me & had a $10 higher bid , you would have constantly outbid me . That was the situation , except I'm not sure about how much more the other bidder bid . You can do an advanced search on completed auctions to see who won & what the winning bid was . Like was said , bidder ID has been made secure until after the auction is over . I think buying from USCutters store is about the same money on cutters after shipping / waranty . This any help ?

Guest sciondrgn

I actually noticed this last year when I bought my cutter. LOL i thought the same people were just jacking up the bid price until I saw where they changed the high bidder thing  ;D

I hate it when they did that! I was usually bidding against a few of the same people on a lot of things I buy,and they were so predictable I always knew how high they would go. Now, I have no idea.