Sign in to follow this  
SynFX

COPAM Problems... already

Ok.. COPAM CP-2500, Windows XP, Corel Draw X3, SignCutX2 (no upgrade), USB.

I have wasted LOTS of vinyl.. getting a bit ridiculous..

An observation I have made is that the pinch rollers lose grip when it fast forwards the roll and loses its place. Got to watch it if you are cutting off of the roll.. ANYWAY TO TIGHTEN? I messed with the screw and seems to be at its tightest..

Sometimes it will start half way through the design and only prints the 'back half'. I turned off step-by-step.

I know its not the plotter,.. Im pretty sure its just the setup.

In Cutter Settings it reads:

Copam

Copam CP-2500

COM10

Baud:9600(wont cut on 4800)

Parity: NON

Databits: 8

Stopbits: 1

Handshake: Software

Blade Offset 0.00

Rotate 90 deg

What do I need to do?

Dont know about the rest but if your rollers are slipping it might be the weight of the roll. I know when I have a big roll on the cutter I have to feed some off to make slack before I cut or the rollers may slip.

what do you have the settins on for yours? how do you go about cutting(process),.. maybe I am doing something wrong..

maybe I should install SignBlazer?

Anyone know where to get the update for SignCut x2?

what do you have the settins on for yours? how do you go about cutting(process),.. maybe I am doing something wrong..

maybe I should install SignBlazer?

Anyone know where to get the update for SignCut x2?

Latest version of SignCut can be downloaded from our support site, but it is only for Windows. If you need a Mac update, you will need to go to SignCut's web site.

Are you making sure you engage the pinch rollers in the green sections so they make good contact with the feed rollers underneath the material? Have you calibrated the cutter through SignCut?

i cannot find the link to the windows update.. can you provide that to me?

Ive had no problems with the placement of pinch rollers, FF said it right when he explained about the heavy rolls of vinyl..

I have made another observation that you lose about 1.25" because of the rollers/optical setup.. I cant cut anything larger than 22.75" or it doesnt cut.. I wasted about 5 yds last night figuring that out.. I think thats why I had the other problems.. I was trying to cut something too large..

How do I calibrate the cutter through signcut?  I have never tried..

i cannot find the link to the windows update.. can you provide that to me?

Ive had no problems with the placement of pinch rollers, FF said it right when he explained about the heavy rolls of vinyl..

I have made another observation that you lose about 1.25" because of the rollers/optical setup.. I cant cut anything larger than 22.75" or it doesnt cut.. I wasted about 5 yds last night figuring that out.. I think thats why I had the other problems.. I was trying to cut something too large..

How do I calibrate the cutter through signcut?  I have never tried..

When the cutter measures the width of the material, it is actually measuring from pinch roller to pinch roller, so to get the full width, try to put the pinch rollers on the outer edges of the material.

To calibrate with SigNCut, go to the Cutter button, then the Claibrate cutter button.

Guest fivestar

Nope my refine will cut at least 23.8" of a 24" roll.  But then again, mine don't have an optical eye that reads the vinyl, it just cuts.  :lol::-X;D

right.. yeah i figured the formula through trial and error.. thanks though.. and I did the same.. I could get 23.8 on my MH721 also.. due to not having an optical eye.. It took me just a few passes to get it figured out.. Ive been cutting all day today with VERY FEW problems that werent my fault anyways!! It's everything I hoped it would be!!