JoeCamaro

Flea Markets: I am going to give it a try

Guest fivestar

I agree John, but that's why I try to only sell a select few things then come up with different ideas.  Honestly, lately I haven't had time to even think about new designs for ebay, which is good.  :huh:

I consider it like a flea market.  Most people going there are all looking for a bargain.  I'm not saying everything is cheap, but a good majority of stuff is.  The only other nice thing, is it allows people to have others viewing what they are selling from ALL OVER...and not just where they live.

Thats what I like about ebay. I dont need to waste money and time on advertising. Thousands of people go there daily looking for what  you have  :huh: .

Quality don't mean CRAP to people buying on ebay.

Luckily for me, most of them don't have the experience to turn out the quality of banners that I do. Which is why about 60% of my business is repeat business. And, why my feedback is 99.5% ,over 1200

Wait, I'm lost.

first time buyers go by price. I get repeat business when they see the quality of my work.And I make more money because I don't have to pay the ebay fees. They come directly to me. They recommend friends.

Ok, I make a living. I make a profit,even at my prices. IT's kinda like when the grocery store sells a 2 litre Pepsi for .69 cents. They are losing money but it gets you in the door.

For example...I clear about $12 for a 2x6 banner. But I've sold LOTS of 4x8,even up to 3x18 (working on one now) which is a LOT more profit....all because I gave them an example of my work that wasn't expensive.

My brother is Sales and Marketing director of a small hotel/resort chain. I fix his computers,he advises me on marketing. He's getting the better end of that deal lately.

Im working on my flea market shirts and they are looking great! Hope other people think so too. JOe

Guest fivestar

Joe post up some pics, c'mon man.  :huh:

everything you do is great. Your imagination and creativity are your biggest assets.

five, now that you mention it, I should have been taking pics of the process, but I am not  :huh:

I will post pics of the kiosk and the set up fivestar.

John thank you for the complimments.

JC

I totally agree with John, your imagination and creativity..is AWESOME.

Wish you the best this weekend.

Jenny

u should try some more products

get some  hot pats shorts ,it is summer & u r in hawai men

u should also try men boxser shorts (flames will be nice)

and defenetly girls undeware try cherry's print for the start :lol:

and defenetly girls undeware try cherry's print for the start :lol:

sory i ment porto rico i bet its HOT there 2

Update:

I went to the flea market yesterday. I didnt sell much or as expected. Anyhow, there were not as many people and vendors as usual, probable because it was fathers day and most people stay at home or go out to eat or something.

Anyways I will keep going and see how it goes. I know I cant judge it just by one try, right?

Vector man, it IS really hot in here.

Joe

Guest kenya

I went to my local flea market over the weekend.

A guy there had hundreds of decals for sale. He had a hugh

banner hanging with all of them on it (and numbered). People just said the number

and he would pull it out of a box.

He was getting $5 apiece for them.

I asked how business was and he said, SLOW. Not worth being there.

He had a lot of lookers, but they must have had empty pockets because

$5 didn't seem too much to pay. He had some really big ones for the same price.

I should have bought a couple & scanned them to share with you guys..... maybe next weekend,

if he comes back again.  :-

There is a huge flea market near here every Sunday. There are many vendors there that have been there for years. Unless they are just plain stupid,they aren't coming back week after week unless they are making money. Stick with it Joe. Hand out some CARDS...if you don't sell a shirt but get a new customer or two every week, you're coming out ahead.

and defenetly girls undeware try cherry's print for the start :thumbsup:

Printing,eBay and Flea Markets I could write a book,but I'll try to sum it up.

I was on eBay when it was new thats when the money was there.(over 13,000 feedback)

Notice I say WAS now there are more sellers than buyers and everybody cuts each others throat so nobody makes money but eBay.If you are selling for $10 after you pay for shirt,eBay and Paypal gets their piece not much left for your time.

I'm still at the Flea Market if you ride out the slow times it is worth it when the season is in.Can't cherry pick the times if you want to keep your same space.(At least at ours you have to pay for booth to keep it.)You have the same space so your customers and their friends can find you each week.

Flea Market more bang for your buck ride it out.

BTW here is a pic of my booth lets see your set up.I screen Print the Tees but I put vinyl on a Board in back.

post-2539-12986520645023_thumb.jpg

post-2539-12986520657182_thumb.jpg

Hey PrinterCutter, thank you for the picture and for your advices  :thumbsup:

I will start outsourcing my shirts to a screen printer for events like flea markets and such. I will use my cutter for decals and custom shirts, but for long runs I will go screen printing. It is cheaper and I dont have to work as much. I worked so hard to get just a few shirts ready for the event and I got really really tired. After the weekend I felt like I was going to die.

Joe

Guest fivestar

Come on Joe, you're young yet.  :thumbsup:;):) I would check out plastisol transfers Joe, if you are going to be a bunch of one design.