Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAVE H

how to import image into shape

Guest DAVE H

i have the dsr version of vinylmaster. recently i viewed an instructional video of on bitmaps and images where they inserted an image into a shape. i have tried a number of times and cannot find the import image to shape button. just wondering if i am missing something or this option is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Guest DAVE H said:

i have the dsr version of vinylmaster. recently i viewed an instructional video of on bitmaps and images where they inserted an image into a shape. i have tried a number of times and cannot find the import image to shape button. just wondering if i am missing something or this option is no longer available.

You are probably looking with the wrong search terms. That is typically referred to as a clipping or clipping path Clipping Mask or just a Mask. I know there is a post about there here somewhere. I will see if I can find it one maybe someone else can help out. I have a copy of VM Pro but I'm not by that computer at the moment. I am more versed in Adobe. In essence what you are doing is dropping an image in and then using a shape above it to trim (clip) off all the excess outside the top object. At least that is the Illustrator way. I think VM does similar but may use different terms to describe it.  

Here is the thread where they were doing this. You will note that I didn't have good info on this thread either but someone came along who did. Hope it helps. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this