Hi

I have not long purchased the Graphtec Ce Lite-50 and I am getting a lot of trouble trying to cut 0.12mm Mylar for stencils, I have tried lengthning the blade and doing multiple cuts, adjusting the pressure and I even bought the longer blade which states in the spec that it cuts Mylar.  I don't have much hair as it is and it is getting less and less lol,, can someone please help me with this,

Cheers

Arveisme

The cutting force on that cutter (210) is much lower than a regular Graphtec Ce6000-60 (450) .  Or even a value cutter. which has (350)  Maybe that could be the problem.   I have never cut mylar, I am just looking at the specs of your machine. Maybe it is just not possible with that cutter. 

Compatible Media for Cutting Marking films (PVC/fluorescence/reflective) with a thickness of 0.1 mm or less, excluding high luminance reflective films

I don't know of anyone on here that has a CE lite-50.

• Like 1

It looks like the CE Lite is kinda crippled, cutting a max thickness of 4mil. Will a thinner mylar work?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, looks like I am stumped then lol, Thinner stencil material will do I guess.  Just wasted money on the other cutter, keep it as a spare I guess, I really thought this would have done the job for me guess I will have to save up a lot more pennies lol..

4mil = 0.1016mm

If you could try a couple of passes to cut all the way through it.