I finally went ahead and bought the 25 inch cutter.Bear in mind that there is nothing wrong with the cutter I have. This is for back-up purposes. I have a few questions and would apprecate some feedback.

1. Type of blade? I use Roland now.

2. I have Flexi and want to keep using Flexi...anything special I need to know? With my present cutter,I plugged it in,was cutting in 15 minutes.I didn't have to do any adjusting of settings.

3. I will be using serial port connection. Any reason why I shouldn't?

4.Signcut...I tried the demo and (after Flexi) it seemed very complicated to use. With Flexi,I set the size of my project( 2x6 banner,etc)..eneter text,adjust size,etc,and cut. Should I chose the unlimited version of Signcut or the 3 year to the better version? Is there any reason I should even bother with Signcut if I can still use Flexi?

I had considered just leaving the cutter in the box until needed but considering the short waranty period..which will be even shorter by the time I actually get the thing...should I hook it up,just in case? I see a LOT of posts on here about them not working,right out of the box.

Thanks in advance,and happy to finally be a REAL member of this community.

Guest fivestar

I finally went ahead and bought the 25 inch cutter.Bear in mind that there is nothing wrong with the cutter I have. This is for back-up purposes. I have a few questions and would apprecate some feedback.

2. I have Flexi and want to keep using Flexi...anything special I need to know? With my present cutter,I plugged it in,was cutting in 15 minutes.I didn't have to do any adjusting of settings.

4.Signcut...I tried the demo and (after Flexi) it seemed very complicated to use. With Flexi,I set the size of my project( 2x6 banner,etc)..eneter text,adjust size,etc,and cut. Should I chose the unlimited version of Signcut or the 3 year to the better version? Is there any reason I should even bother with Signcut if I can still use Flexi?

I had considered just leaving the cutter in the box until needed but considering the short waranty period..which will be even shorter by the time I actually get the thing...should I hook it up,just in case? I see a LOT of posts on here about them not working,right out of the box.

Congrats on your purchase.

1. It uses standard Roland blades.

2. Use Roland PNC1000 driver

3.Serial port is the best to use IMO and you shouldn't have to do anything except tell flexi what com port.

4.I have never used signcut so I can't comment.

Even though I haven't had a bit of troubles with mine (knock on wood) I would definitely recommend hooking it up and making sure everything works properly while it's still under warranty.

And finally you have always been a "real member" to this forum in my eyes, I never even knew you didn't own a us cutter until you mentioned it in the one thread.

Thanks for the fast reply! Just curous...what software do you use?

That's what I have,only the starter edition...The upgade is way too big for my pocketbook.so I shouldn't have any problems. Thanks again!

You will be please with your purchase. You may even find yourself using Your refine more, and your other plotter as a backup.

Yeah, You probably wont ever need to use SignCut if you already have flexi...  You could always try to sell your SignCut Certificate on ebay, but chances are, youll get a negative on your feedback.

Stay with Flexi.