Sign in to follow this  
karmenlee

Make The Cut! …..?

I have an MH Plotter and was wondering what everyone thinks about the Make The Cut! software.  Is it easy to use? Does it do a good job? Would I be wasting money on it?

Make the Cut is really easy to use, like dead simple if your cutter is supported (it seems the MH series is supported). They have an active forum too for support from members. The program has not been updated in a long time unfortunately and 4.6.2 is the latest version (since March 11, 2015). I like the GUI interface actually. It's not too advanced however compared to other software packages I've used for designing but for basic stuff, and certainly cutting, it's great. It's a very inexpensive program so for the $57.95 USD price they're charging I'd say it's a worthy buy. Signblazer is ugly but it can do a lot more and it's free! Good training wheels anyhow. I can't get Make the Cut to work properly with my USCutter Copam 2500 (it will cut or draw but never end and power down) so you have to shut it off afterwards. It's using a different driver since the author doesn't release drivers very often anymore. Copam users have been waiting years for proper drivers.

Make the Cut works with SVG file format which is also used in Sure Cuts a Lot 3 or 4 (regular or pro versions). Inkscape and Coreldraw can use this file format too of course for designing. Inkscape is free (http://www.inkscape.org) and you can design in that software and then copy/paste/import into Make the Cut to actually cut...it's a pretty good work flow.