Sign in to follow this  
jcart

Cutting Program

Am looking at getting the USC x6 oem version and was wondering if I could cut through SCALP or Signblazer? Or if I would have to get another cut program. Thanks

Your planning on getting Corel Draw X6 oem version from UScutter can you use SCALP or sign blazer answer is as an add on no. You can design and export it as a file you can cut. I don't think you can directly cut from Corel using an add on like cutting master 3 unless you had a Graphtec or other higher end cutters. What you could do is looking into Vinyl Master Cut V4 and do all your designing in that and cut with it.

You sure Hatter? I thought Corel made a plug-in for SCALP but I may have mis-read that. I know Inkscape has a plug-in for SCALP. Either way jcart the worst case is you save your file and import or re-open in SCALP so you should be good if you decide to use corel.  There are other cut programs available too so you won't get cornered too bad even if you get away from SCALP (highly recommended)

• Like 1

Yes, there is a plug-in for corel and SCALP to work together.  As far as I know, it just cuts out the step of having to export to a separate file and then import into SCALP.  You click on "send to SCAL" in corel, and it automatically opens SCALP and imports your graphic.

http://www.craftedge.com/download/download_extras.php

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for the corel dropdown menu

Pay particular attention to the versions of corel and SCAL you are using.  I use corel X7, but the plugin for X7 only works with SCAL 4.  Unfortunately, I have SCAL 3, so it won't work for me. 

Looks like the plugin for X6 can work with either SCAL 3 or 4.

The student and oem versions lack certain functions such as macros and advanced printing options.

Thanks all for the info. I have Inkscape but when I try to export to SCALP it shuts down and I have to save the file to desktop, open scalp and import the file to cut. I was hoping that I could export from corel and send to scalp to cut. I'm hoping to use corel for printing sublimation too because I can't get Inkscape to use color profiles from Cobra.

I was also reading that the oem version won't do certain things as KYSIGN said and hope most of it will function. Guess I'll talk with USC before I order.