Sign in to follow this  
Grimey

Haveing problems with USCutter MH MK2

I've made several cuts with this new cutter and havent had a problem at all until now. Using SCALP for my cutting program. First, I had 2 cuts lined up going the width of a 24'' roll of vinyl. It cut one image the correct direction but cut a diagonial line down the center of it. Was using upside down triangles as the registration marks and the marks were extremely distorted. After that cut instead of moving the width of the vinyl it then cut one going the length of the vinyl. The registraion marks were also distorted and it cut a single line from the bottom edge of one mark to the bottom of the other. Also had several cuts that were way off.  It did this to me twice with 2 diffrent color layers. 

2nd i tried a different 3x3 image and it cut the same image in the exact same spot prob 4 times before I finally stopped it. At a complete loss as of what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

My experience- when this cutter cuts a line across a design the memory is either full, ( file too large) and its connected via USB.

If you can connect RS-232 or Keyspan adaptor if you do not have RS232 connection on your PC, - it will communicate much better with the cutter. Also, if setup as HARDWARE thru ports and software, - the devices should  talk to each other. The Keyspan adaptor regulates flow in a way to the MH series cutter. ( in my experience).

Manual says to just press the reset button. 

P.9:

Reset Button
Resets the cutter by setting the Baud rate back to 9600, clearing the memory of the machine, and setting the origin of the carriage arm to its rightmost position.

Thank you. I'll give this a try in a few. Frustrated right now and need to take a break lol.

It has been mentioned a zillion times on here to put a value cutter on a Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter..  USB are very hit or miss 

Tech support only recommends the Tripp-lite or a Belkin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-ft-TRIPP-LITE-Keyspan-USB-High-Speed-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-PC-MAC-LINUX-/400837852300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d53cc3c8c