Sign in to follow this  
jonvince

Compatibility with windows 8

Hi everyone,

I realize the software I'm using is really old, but since I have the newest version of illustrator, I only need to use my sign software to communicate with my plotter. I use Flexi starter 8.6 and just upgraded to windows 8. Up until the upgrade everything was working how it should, but now the plotter won't cut. I have all the necessary drivers installed but am now thinking that this version of Flexi isn't supported in windows 8. Am i correct in thinking that? 

If that is not the case, does anyone know the correct settings to assign in production manager? I've attached a screen shot of what I see. 

Thanks

post-9070-0-48392000-1403525385_thumb.pn

I use Flexistarter 8.6  vs2.  It was updated to 8.6 for Windows 7. and they added the contour cutting feature. on vs2. Flexistarter 8.5 was for Vista.    But I don't  have a windows 8....I prefer to stay back on XP.  and not be connected to the internet.     But Flexistarter 8.6 vs 2 and 10  both work great on Windows 7..

You can pick up some great Windows 7 units on Ebay,  

You could contact  SAI or go to their forum.

how is your plotter connected (usb or serial)

because right now your setting are looking for a serial port.

I'm connected through USB, but for whatever reason the only luck I had in the past was selecting a com port while using a USB cable. When I select the USB option, nothing happens. When I select a com port, production manager says it's cutting, but nothing happens.