Sign in to follow this  
sarconastic

Got a new old Cap press off Ebay the other day

I have the 6 in 1 press I got from USC back in '09 I think it was. But the one short coming has always been the cap press.  I should have bought a new cap press back then when they were more affordable, but Hind sight is 20/20. I have always turned down jobs that needed more than 10 or 15 hats. They were just too difficult to do on this press. Don't get me wrong, I love my 6 in 1. it is a good press and the hat attachment is great for you to be able to do a few hats. Though it is obviously not intended to be a production machine.

So recently I got and order for some shirts and they also wanted 100 hats. So I decided to take the order and then figure out how to get a new press. Tends to work better that way. The wife can't say no as easy if i have a plan. LOL.

I found a press on Ebay that was New old stock from a company that went out of business w few years ago. It is National Equipment's HM2220 Cap press. which is the same as the HM2000 but in 220V European power setup. I got the press for $160 and as you can see it is very similar to a Hix cap press. and often confused with them. Many try to say it is a re-branded one but is it not. 

This one was wired for European 220v and I just switched the plug to a US 240V and it works great. Timer is solid state so the 50Hz issue is moot. Which is one reason I got it so cheap. Many are scared of 220/240v equipment and especially european stuff. If it had Electronics inside I would have had to re think it. but it is great.

Later

WOody

20140322_180327.jpg

20140322_180303.jpg