Perman-Etch

If the MH365 's....

...quality is anywhere near the quality of the people who frequent this forum, then I should do just fine. Unlike most of the people whom I have seen posting here (been in the forum for over 2 hours tonight just jumping around and familiarizing myself with the mechanics and such), I am just a hobbyist. That is why I bought the REFINE 12" Model MH365. I don't have a business per se, but I figure for a few hundred bucks, I can play with the idea of doing it at least for a part-time income once I have acquired sufficient skill(s) to produce anything I'd want to have my name tagged to. 

I did search the forum tonight for anything on my particular model and wasn't able to find anything. I will not be installing the software on my current computer (can a 266MgHz running Windows 98 be considered "current" or did I just break some kind of Law? LOL!), but will wait until I can acquire a system that will support the software. In the meantime, like most "Newbies", I will have plenty of questions. I generally am able to search out the answers for myself, but please bear with me when I ask something that is extremely basic. Looking forward to any and all offers to help out. Thanks to all of you who invest your time here to the benefit of others such as myself.

Sincerely,

Larry Powell

Congratulations on your new purchase...

The reason why you dont see much about the 12 inch plotters is one, US Cutter was out of the for awhile, and two, There really just too small.... Thats just my opinion.

And whatever question you may have, It has probaby been answered somehwere in this forum, However, you are more then welcome to ask and we will help you the best we can

There are a lot of people who use a 12" cutter for making decals and lettering up to 12 inches.They are good for saving space as they sit on a desktop.It's a great way to start a business or to see if you even want to be in the vinyl business because they cost so little.But I'm sure after you have used it for awhile you will be wanting a larger cutter.I have 2 24's and I plan on getting a 50".Once you start cutting vinyl,you want to see how big you can go with it.I can't tell you if the 365's are different setup wise,but the people on this forum will do what they can to help you along.

Welcome to the forums.      :D

Plenty of great people on here willing to assist as much as possible.

I got my 12" cutter a couple weeks ago.  Like you I got it for hobby purposes, rc decals for my planes and such, first one I've ever had.  It works great and is big enough for about anything I want to do.  Used the parallel port and the refine 2 driver.  Almost went with the roland stika, and glad I didn't.  This board is what swung me to US Cutter, found info on vinyl, setting up the blades, speed and pressure, doing multiple colors, it's great.

greetings Larry,  i too have the 12" cutter  but creative art and an eye for detail can make the little cutter perform like a big one. i'm fairly new here too.  great place to learn. take care,  daniel t