nro314

Cut by Color

I am new to the forum and really need some assistance, I have been attempting to cut a multilayer object just something simple to start a diamond with a circle in the middle of the diamond, easy enough you would think. I have a MH1351-MK2 basically the largest MH series they offer now i've tried using SureCutsAlot and Sign Blazer Elements both with the same result. What I am attempting to do is make two seperate cuts, first the diamond then tt whathe circle in the correct positions bu happens is that after I cut the diamond when it s time for the second cut the circle the circle is placed outside of the diamond. When I look at the position of the circle on the print screen it seems to have defaulted to the corner no longer in its original position. Any idea whats the problem I need help ASAP.

add a couple registration marks to the top and see if that helps - 1 set in each color on top of each other

• Like 1

Do what Dakota said to be able to line the two up when you lay them on top of each other.

In SignBlazer if you uncheck the "Fit to Origin" radio box it will stay in the same position:

post-1636-0-75668200-1391356463_thumb.pn

Are you wanting the circle cut out of the diamond? If so, when you do cut, select both colors, the diamond and the circle in the diamond will be cut at the same time.

Assuming you created both these graphics and positioned them the way you want them cut. If you are able to move each object. then they are Ungrouped. You want to lock them together so they can't move if they are the same color. Highlight both objects in a box to show the arrows around it. Use the OBJECT > GROUP. Now the GROUPED object can be moved around on the virtual mat and positioned before cutting. Using SCAL3P here and directions are for such. Press Preview at the top menu bar. Objects should go from color to trace/cut lines. Basically a WYSIWYG. Make sure all is within margins. Set your cutters origin point. Your two objects should cut as seen on the screen. Use the ink pen instead of the blade on paper to practice the procedure.

Now two colors, you would need registration marks to aid in aligning and a bit more proceedures,  both as seen on TV.. ;D Utube. I'm new and that's my :twocents: -kid

PS. One last note. Go to CUTTER and then set to PEN when using the pen. Vise virsa.