Sign in to follow this  
Joshz400_03

AT60

Does anyone know if they changed the glue formula back to the old forumla for the at60 app tape?  I was using it and it worked great.  Got another roll and it was terrible.  I made a post on another forum and it seemed a lot of other people had the same issue with the glue not even being strong enough to lift vinyl up from the backing paper.  Someone confirmed that the formula for the glue had been changed.  I have been using maintape preview plus but this tape has not been very consistent, sometimes it will leave glue stuck to the vinyl which is not acceptable.  I am in search of a quality clear app tape and would love to go back to the at60.  95% of my business is making small auto related decals that are being applied on windows.  My customers seem to prefer a clear tape as it is easier to line up.  Generally if I am installing the vinyl I will use a paper tape but for shipping decals I would like to stick with a clear.  At this point the most stressful part of doing this as a side job is finding a clear application tape that works good.  I have a maintape clear in high tack that seems to work well but then people complain about the tape lifting the decal off the window.  At this point it seems like it is a lose lose situation with application tape :(

I ship all of my decals and big or small, I only use Main perfect tear paper tape. Medium tac.  Never have complaints. 

I purchased a roll of the AT60 back in July and had the same problem with the tape not lifting the decal. I know this was an issue early on and was even told by USCutter themselves that the issue has been resolved. Well my roll was bad.  So I contacted USCutter and sent them a video of the problem I was having with the tape, and they gave me a partial refund so I used it towards their Greenstar clear high tack tape and couldn't be happier. I'm on my second roll of the Greenstar and it's been great stuff. I've also used the Main Tape Preview and it's absolutely horrible. Just like you said, it leaves glue residue on the vinyl. Not acceptable. I've even used the Main paper tape and I think it sucks as well. At least my roll does. So far I've been very happy with USCutter's Greenstar tape, both clear and paper. 

• Like 1

I purchased a roll of the AT60 back in July and had the same problem with the tape not lifting the decal. I know this was an issue early on and was even told by USCutter themselves that the issue has been resolved. Well my roll was bad.  So I contacted USCutter and sent them a video of the problem I was having with the tape, and they gave me a partial refund so I used it towards their Greenstar clear high tack tape and couldn't be happier. I'm on my second roll of the Greenstar and it's been great stuff. I've also used the Main Tape Preview and it's absolutely horrible. Just like you said, it leaves glue residue on the vinyl. Not acceptable. I've even used the Main paper tape and I think it sucks as well. At least my roll does. So far I've been very happy with USCutter's Greenstar tape, both clear and paper. 

Thanks for the reply!  Have you had any issues with the high tack being too sticky?  I worry about that because I do have a roll of the main tape preview plus in a high tack and have had issues with that being too high of a tack.  

Thanks for the reply!  Have you had any issues with the high tack being too sticky?  I worry about that because I do have a roll of the main tape preview plus in a high tack and have had issues with that being too high of a tack.  

No, not at all. I know, the Main tape is way too tacky. The Greenstar has been great. Releases perfectly. 

Does anyone know if they changed the glue formula back to the old forumla for the at60 app tape?  I was using it and it worked great.  Got another roll and it was terrible.  I made a post on another forum and it seemed a lot of other people had the same issue with the glue not even being strong enough to lift vinyl up from the backing paper.  Someone confirmed that the formula for the glue had been changed.  I have been using maintape preview plus but this tape has not been very consistent, sometimes it will leave glue stuck to the vinyl which is not acceptable.  I am in search of a quality clear app tape and would love to go back to the at60.  95% of my business is making small auto related decals that are being applied on windows.  My customers seem to prefer a clear tape as it is easier to line up.  Generally if I am installing the vinyl I will use a paper tape but for shipping decals I would like to stick with a clear.  At this point the most stressful part of doing this as a side job is finding a clear application tape that works good.  I have a maintape clear in high tack that seems to work well but then people complain about the tape lifting the decal off the window.  At this point it seems like it is a lose lose situation with application tape :(

Something I noticed you say in this post..  "not even being strong enough to lift vinyl up from the backing paper"   You are not supposed to be lifting the vinyl from the wax paper backing,  You are to be peeling the wax paper backing away from the vinyl.  It makes a big difference.   Squeegee the front  of the decal first, real good. then lay tape side down and start peeling the wax paper backing away.  If the vinyl is sticking a little, squeegee the front some more.  When you are lifting the vinyl, you can actually be lifting the paper right up with the vinyl. Then you will have the paper stuck to your vinyl.    Give it a try.

• Like 2

Something I noticed you say in this post..  "not even being strong enough to lift vinyl up from the backing paper"   You are not supposed to be lifting the vinyl from the wax paper backing,  You are to be peeling the wax paper backing away from the vinyl.  It makes a big difference.   Squeegee the front  of the decal first, real good. then lay tape side down and start peeling the wax paper backing away.  If the vinyl is sticking a little, squeegee the front some more.  When you are lifting the vinyl, you can actually be lifting the paper right up with the vinyl. Then you will have the paper stuck to your vinyl.    Give it a try.

That's what I do but it seems some of my inexperienced customers don't grasp that concept.  I actually made a little sticker (address labels) today that I am going to stick on all my decals going out telling them to peel it and fold the paper backing away from the decal.  I feel like a lot of people just grab the decal and lift the application tape straight up which leaves letters behind.