the 'test' cuts are horrible and its making everything i cut look horrible. ive been reading things on this forum for hours and have tried A LOT of the things ive seen and its still doing the same thing =/ 

in the picture : the red star is how it use to cut like a day ago.. perfect lines and the black is how its cutting now. every test i do looks like this. ive changed the speed and all that stuff.. different vinyl, different blade, everything. 

post-67943-0-08198600-1378528517_thumb.j

im stuck =/ 

what cutter, - are the rollers on the track (carriage to rail)  check the set screws on the grit rollers also - 

oh sorry, its the MH 871 -mk2

yes i checked the rollers and they are on track. 

set screws on the grit rollers? where would that be. sorry im new to this

the grit rollers that  the pressure wheels press against - something is definitely moving - I would also look for cracks in the carriage area like  around the blade holder that is more than a change in offset that is movement

• Like 1

although I think you also have an offset issue going from looking at the corners - maybe 2 problems - what changed since the good cut?

the grit rollers seem fine and i didnt find any cracks in the carriage.

and i can only change the offset from the SCAL program... so that shouldnt interfere with the test cut should it? 

no it shouldn't - so we are back to unwanted movement in the carriage or rollers.   you aren't making it pull off the roll are you?

we have covered the most common areas of unwanted movement.  maybe someone else will have an idea - that thing is all over the place - not sure if you can slow down the test cut but would try to slow down on the cutter.

if this is a new cutter I would submit a ticket under usc's main site for support - they don't come on here much - 

yea i tried alot of different speeds. even super slow it does that same weird cut. 

im gonna message them or call them Monday. i just wanted to see if anyone on here could help me so i didnt have to wait =/

thanks for tryin! ive been lookin for answers on here all day and still havent figured it out. 

the test cut is internal to the cutter so the cable wouldn't affect that and I don't think it is static this time of year and on that little cut -that is why I am stumped

Let's revisit the grit rollers ---  there are allen screws holding the grit rollers onto the shaft.

I would check to make sure those screws are tight.

---- slice&dice said:

"I would check to make sure those screws are tight."

and

---- dakotagrafx said:

"so we are back to unwanted movement in the carriage or rollers."

Excellent, we got him looking in the right direction !!!

Gold stars for us both!!!

bth_gold-star.gif

bth_gold-star.gif

• Like 1

I just saw this, having same issues, going to try that tomorrow although they're sending me a new box.

Well I went ahead and took that cover off, nothing is visibly loose. :/

I'll double check everything is tight.