wesdog

Questions before upgrading Cutter/Software

I have a MH 721 that i bought a year ago and the 1 yr Sign Cut Pro license is about to run out. It also came with Sign Blazer Elements cutting disk which I havent used yet. I have about a week to decide what I should do and I am hoping others here have had this dilemma and can help me out.

A) Can I use both Sign CUt Pro and SignBlazer at same time to see if I like SignBlazer as much as Sign Cut? Or will this cause issues with communications between software and cutter? Only ever used the Sign Cut Pro so don't know what others are like.

B) If I purchase an upgraded cutter from USCutter that comes with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro is this a fulll lifetime version of that softare? And does the new cutter also come with a 1 yr version of Sign Cut Pro? And if it does can I use the new 1 year version with 2 different cutters?

C) Is the version of SignBlazer I have worth a damn and is it a lifetime license version?

D) Final question. What is everyones preference as far as budget cutting software and cutters? I want to upgrade my cutter but cant afford both new software and cutter so need to see what is best combo or way to do this?

TIA foir any advice.

If you're happy with SignCut and find it does everything you want, then by all means, pay for it.

You can certainly load SBE and check it out. There will be no conflicts. There is no license, it is Abandonware.

Don't use the version from your disk, but rather, download and install from here (unzip the file, load v6, then the UK version, and apply the patch, eliminating start-up screen nags) ---

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

SureCutsALot is a hobbyist program, and some Pro users feel is still in Beta (automatic upgrades constantly, which appears to be fairly annoying to many people)

Im having great results with my SC cutter and SCALP. I do plan on upgrading some time but for a budget machine I highly recommend the SC. SCALP is a "lifetime" license and they constantly upgrade it for free. I do use CorelDraw for most my designing though. I have AI as well but havent used it. I do a lot of mock up in photoshop as Im more proficient in it.

I use Inkscape for design work as I have found its pretty comprable to Corel and free of course. All I use Sign Cut pro is for cutting and the occasional registration marks. Thats it if that has any bearing on what to do.