Sign in to follow this  
srowe78

Opinions on Sure Cuts A Lot

My use of software is pretty limited to sign blazer elements and I am totally disgusted with that program right now.  I had been using draw plus 6x to design, saving the design as a bitmap then importing to sign blazer to cut.  This worked perfectly until today when sign blazer just stops responding any time I try to import any image.  I'm not quite ready to go to sure cuts a lot pro because vinyl cutting is a hobby for me not a business.  Can you import bitmap images into sure cuts a lot?  It the software user friendly, especially for someone like me who is just a hobbyist (IDK if that's a real word sorry).  I don't want something that is going to take me ages to learn to use, but definitely am looking for something other than sign blazer.  Could anyone give me their opinion of this please?

Thanks!!!

Personally I like SB better, but it's older software that is close to running it's course, it's old. The import should still work be careful you aren't running hotshot instead. The sb filename is SBNT.exe.

as to surecuts It runs best when importing SVG (Scaleable Vector Graphics). I usually run Inkscape trace the bitmap then save  to SVG. If your program can convert directly to vectors then try saving in SVG, or AI, or PDF.

Good Luck!