S. Johnson

EPS Files not showing up

Hi Everyone,

The names Shavon.  I'm stuck with a stupid problem. I have been looking at so much information my brain hurts but still haven't found my answer. 

Stupid Problem #1

I have downloaded a pic as an EPS file for SB. What program do I need to have to view it?  I have tried the "open" command in SB and Inkscape and also the "import" command and nothing works.  This is probably an eyeroller but I'm stuck and have tried researching it.  Thanks a Billion!

Problem #2

What about fonts?  I've looked at some of the websites generously submitted for free fonts. When I am downloading the zip file everything is fine.  However I can never unzip them or get them to be available for use, any suggestions?

Feel free to send verbal abuse about how mindless I must be, as long as you answer the questions. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Based on this evidence I am unable to determine if you're mindless, so I shall refrain from comment until further evidence has been presented... Meanwhile...

Problem #1 -- EPS files come in a variety of different types, usually referred to by whatever version of Adobe Illustrator they were output by - so you may have an EPS files that is simply too new of a version to be read by SB (since it stopped being updated several versions of Illustrator ago).

To view the files, try downloading a free thumbnail program like Irfanview.  As I recall, you will need to also install the plugins to get EPS files to show up.  If you have access to Adobe Creative Suite, the program Bridge that is included is an excellent viewer of EPS and AI files as well.

You can also upload the EPS file to here and one of us can try converting it to an older version of EPS file that you should be able to then load into SB.

Problem #2 -- When you say that you are unable to unzip the files, is that because you don't know how to unzip them, or they aren't able to be unzipped due to errors?  If it's the former, then I recommend using WinRAR.  During the installation one of the check boxes says something about "integrate with Explorer" and I recommend making sure that box is checked.  Then after it's installed, you can right-click on a .ZIP file and select Extract Here (or Extract to Folder, if you prefer) and unzip the file(s).  If that doesn't work, then the .ZIP file is probably damaged and you'll need to download it again.

Ghostscript can give Inkscape the ability to open eps files. A quick search on the net should return you with the info and instructions to get it up and running.

I thought I had unzipped the file but can not find the fonts for use. I will try WinRAR and see what happens. Thank you for your time you guys.