MOTORCYCLEDECALS

17" Motorcycle Rim Stripes

Hi, i am looking for help with making my own 17" motorcycle wheel stripes, i know i can cut a circle but that wastes vinyl does anyone have a graphic i can use where it cuts the circle into 6 pieces? i tried to do this in flexi but having trouble. if anyone has the vector i can use i would be very gratefull, thanks steve

ive added a graphic of what im after

post-39386-0-98605800-1365070476_thumb.j

You can either convert that picture into a vector and cut it or you can make a 17" circle and manually break it down into as many pieces you want. No program will do this for you, but it is very simple to do yourself. 

Is it just me or does it seem like it would be a lot harder to install 6 separate pieces and try to get them to all line up in a circle vs. the extra $1 in "wasted" vinyl?

Are you using some expensive vinyl, like reflective, where it's important to be that thrifty?

Here's how I would do it in SignBlazer:

Create a 17" dia circle at the lower left of your workspace

Outline it

Arrange Combine

Turn on snap

Create a polyline starting at the origin of your workspace out from the center of the circle

Array the polyline 60 degrees

Combine the polylines and node edit to create a closed shape leaving 1/6th of your circle

Arrange + Weld + Punch Through to erase all but the one section of your circle

Duplicate it 5 times

Have fun

http://screencast.com/t/RVCS7gyR2Wi

You're going to need to provide exact dimensions (width of stripe and either inside or outside diameter) if you want someone to lay it out for you.  You'll also need to tell us if you want any overlap at the joints, or if they just butt together.

Outline it

Arrange Combine

Turn on snap

Create a polyline starting at the origin of your workspace out from the center of the circle

Combine the polylines and node edit to create a closed shape leaving 1/6th of your circle

Duplicate it 5 times

Have fun

Your a legend thanks alot i owe you one!

This turned out to be a good thread after all. MCD-thanks for reminding of these little accents, and I'm glad you're open to learning the processes. OW-thanks for reminding me I have to experiment with this free oracal 5300 reflective 8" x 10" sample.

Not enough to complete four sides of two rims of course, so I quartered them and will space them out. I used 17-3/8" O.D.,16-7/8" I.D circles. Used a polyline and polar array to to trim to 1/6-ths. Very easy in CAD, and cut right from it.

post-27333-0-80292100-1365127229_thumb.j

Is it just me or does it seem like it would be a lot harder to install 6 separate pieces and try to get them to all line up in a circle vs. the extra $1 in "wasted" vinyl?

Are you using some expensive vinyl, like reflective, where it's important to be that thrifty?

yep spot on

Outline it

Arrange Combine

Turn on snap

Duplicate it 5 times

Have fun

how do you turn onsnap in signblazer?

how do you turn onsnap in signblazer?

Lower right corner of the screen there are => that scroll through different settings. Snap to Grid is one of them. See at the 50 second mark on the video, I turn on the snap.

• Like 1