Sign in to follow this  
e_perez1983

Silhouette Cameo and making full color decals

Hi all,

I have a Silhouette Cameo that I use to make decals for laptops. I use the sillhouette studio software and I use oracal 651 and 631 for vinyl. My decals are all one color. Does anyone know if I can make full color decals on the cameo? Also, where can I get a this type of vinyl and do they make one that's quality is as good as oracal?

So far I know (well actaully I think) that I need some kind of inkjet vinyl and that I can use contour cutting. I'm just not sure how to put the pieces together.

Am I allowed to post a picture an example of a decal I'd like to make?

Thanks

the only way you can make different color decals, cut with your cutter, is to layer one color on top of another color. You can use Oracal 651 and 631 vinyl to do that.  Or you need a printer that would work, for what you are trying to accomplish.

• Like 1

here is the cameo of the printing world  ;D 

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printcut/bn/

Yes and wouldn't it be great if everyone had $8500 to spend......

What the OP seeks is possible as long as they realize using their current set-up requires trade offs. Searching for vinyl sticker paper produces several products receptive to either laser or pigmented inks, which in turn can then be contour cut on their current machine. However none of these products are of the Oracal quality which I suspect they desire. Occasionally I'll use ImageStix as a low cost alternative which when printed on a laser appears to seal well giving it a finished gloss appearance. However I do not want anyone to get the impression I'm claiming a compatable result as the example you suggest. Guess it all depends on what one wants and how much they're willing to pay for it. 

bottom line is you can do it right or rip people off with making do with something  . . . .  older eco sol printers are available all over the net if you know how to fix them - I see several every week that "work perfrect" and show a jacked up head test pattern!