Sign in to follow this  
thomasmary

Googled Images

I am getting confused about images, starting to happen more and more lately, LOL

I thought the idea of someone putting an image on this forum as a raster and a vector was because they were sharing that image with everyone here. Now it seems the common response is "google it". Most generally when you google it, it is a raster image and you have to vectorize it. When you get an image off google isn,t that the same as taking an image without permission, aren't those images protected under copy right laws verses getting an image here on this forum that has been posted to be shared.

Maybe time to clarify on how and where to get images.

Thomas

ABSOLUTELY they all belong to sites/owners. When you click on that image, it will take you to the site.  .  and most are copyrighted,   I guess you could go there, and find one from a seller, and buy it,  But I see it mentioned on here all the time.  

I will look on google and eBay for ideas then draw my own. I do a lot of car graphics and I usually check online to see what others are doing And that generally gives me some inspiration.

I am not sure where but somewhere on this site someone said there was a seller selling vectored images for $ .55 per image. I can afford 55 cents but they never put where to buy from. LOL