stickyxpressions

cutting Problems

ok our problems have progressed a little. we have a new cable and driver. and we are comunicating to the printer now. the image that i am cutting out is cutting but the knife seems to be making more cuts than it needs to. it also cuts into the image that i want. i have beentold to turn the baud down to 4800 but if i do it acts like it sends but the image never cuts out. if i turn it back up to 9600 it cuts but it cus how i explained before. i bhave als tried sending through menu bar andthe cut button as well. if anyone has had this problem or if you know how to solve mine plese let me know. i have had this plotter for a month and still havent been able tocut anything out yet. i am so irritated and frustrated. please help someone!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Few questions.

What software are you running?

How do you connect the plotter to the computer? (LPT, COM, USB)

and have you tried a diffrent setup?

Do you have the machine grounded also?

ok i sm connected through a 9pin serial to usb port. sign cut is the program, andasfor grounding i am not sure what you mean. i may have it grounded. i followed instructions exactly about 30 times.

If you are using the refine cutter, there is a small wire that came in the box with the cables and blade holder that connects the plotter to the stand to eleminate static discharge (ground)

Have you tried to use the parellel connection or the direct serial connection, and not use the USB?

But now i see that you are using a MAC? I guess i should of realized that earlier in where this topic was.

But since you are using a MAC, I cant really help you as I am only experienced with PC's.

did you try follwoing the instructions given in this post? http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=387.0

And i see that you are using a Copam, Sorry, but i have no experience with either...  :uhoh:

And I seen on your other post that you are using an aftermarket cable??? What was wrong with the one that came with the machine??? and did you have the correct drivers installed before you got the new cable?

Good Luck!

yes i am using an after market cable. only reason why is beco=ause the cable provided didn't work or it was not mac compatible. i did som reserch on the cables and this one i baus=ght was the most recomended to use. it specificly gave me drivers for my machine and operating system. i also tried using one that was recomended by radio shack. it was also not compatible with mac. i called the apple store and there tech is the one that refered me to this cable. cost me more but this is the only casble that would communicate with the plotter. i am using a copam 2500 and sign cut. sign cut is also compatible with mac if you know of any other cut program that is better for mac let me know. i am willing to try nanything at this point.!!!!!!

I have no idea on a MAC, I use WinPCSign, but i dont know if it compatible with a mac, Flexi might be for a MAC, but im not sure.

This reminds me of a time when I bought another plotter years ago... The puppy ended up chewing thru the serial cable that i had on my machine... I went to purchase another one, at a computer store, and it wouldnt work.  When i contacted the makers of the machine, they said that only the serial cord that they provide will work due to the pin configuration???  I really didnt understand but when i got the new cable, it worked.

Since i have no experience with the copam nor a mac, and very very limited experience with SignCut, I really cant be of help.

You mentioned that you changed the baud rate of the plotter?  Did you also change it in sign cut to match?  If they dont match, chances are, it wont work right.

on the pc, its under settings, then cutter.

Sorry I cant be of more help, Good luck

If the Copam is anything like the MH721, it is my understanding that the keyspan serial to usb adapter is the best one to use, and use the serial cable that came with the plotter. I am getting ready to buy one. Will let  you know!

Yes- currently the Keyspan USB to Serial is the best solution for Mac users with the Copam.