malcar

Loading drivers for Pcut CT1200 Serial Plotter

Hello i am totaly new vinyl cutting i have never used a plotter in my life before. Because signs are so expensive to have made here in the UK i decided to have a go myself. I purchased a Pcut CT1200 serial plotter on ebay the first problem after purchase was i only had a laptop running windows 7 no serial port so i had to get a computer with a serial port i accuired an old del computer with a serial port running windows XP. The next problem was the drivers for the plotter i have been trying to find out how to load this driver now for the past 8 weeks i have the driver disc and the read me file instructions but i just do not understand them can any one help the instructions are as follows.

1. First, copy the files of pcutplot.cfg and pcutplot.eng to the sub-directory of CASMAT. I had to create this folder because it did not exist on my computer.

2. Open casmat, one click"other{1}" menue, then click "set{s}". Then a dialog box will be opened. select the pcutplot on the left of the dialog box(driver file list V), then add it on the right of the dialog box (driver P which is on work), and set it as current apply driver program. The default port is com1. if useing com2, then you should set the third step. or you can start to work.

3. select pcutplot on com1 then click "set{t}", a dialog box would be opened. There is a communication m in it. Push the m button, select colm2 local port. Then click OK and exit the set. Shut the dialog box and can start work.

I cannot get any of this to work in fact i cannot get a dialog box to open the only box that opens is a box saying windows cannot open this file.

CAN ANYONE HELP I AM AT MT WHITTS END AND READY TO THROW THIS MACHINE IN TH BIN.

Download Signblazer, the "all cutters version" it is a free program and it has drivers for the Pcut 1200.

Use this link http://www.mediafire.../?ygva0uwuckhr4

download the top file first, you will have to burn it to a CD and then install it from the CD

download the .rar file - you will then have to unzip it with winzip or if you do not have winzit you can download jzip which is free

there is a file called instructions.doc after you unzip, you can open this file with wordpad or notepad which your computer should have already -

all the instructions are in there for you to read.

if you have a virus program you will have to disable it because it thinks it is a virus but there is not

you will need to uninstall any previous versions of signblazer for this to work as it states in the instructions.doc file

Do you have casmate software installed on your computer or any cutting software if not download the signblazer from the forum all driver edition pick your cutter and select com port one if you are running serial port if you're using parallel port select lpt 1 make sure that the baud rates are set correctly . If your cutter only has serial it probably is a older cutter most all of new cutters come with usb connections now plus serial . My older dgi om60 has lpt on it either connection is better than usb more stable . Give us a shout back on what you are running as far as cutting software .

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums! I just ran my SC cutter off of USB yesterday on my Win7 laptop. I did however just buy a Laptop with an express card slot in it. I then ordered a serial port express card to plug in there. So, I am thinking that I definitely wont have any problems going that route! I know you already got a desktop computer to run your cutter, but I wanted to put that idea out there for anyone else who might read this!