Sign in to follow this  
mxracer394

oracal question

Father in law wants his race car lettered...oracal makes the color in 4 diffrent styles whats the difference in premium and there .cheaper stuff.....its the same color?

What type of car? Dirt track car, 641, 651, If it a Drag car and you want it to look good for a long time, then 751. the main difference is price and outdoor durability.

Its just a dirt car

Well if its in a series that bump and rub go with the cheapest you can get... I use Greenstar on all my bombers and street stock.... Modifieds around here some of these guys have $20,000 in just an engine so there is NO bumping or rubbing so I use better material on those since they should look bright and flashy.

As far as the bright and shiny look from the premium compared to the 651....is there nuch difference I cant tell from the little sample in book....its for a modified but it aint got a 20k engine lol more like 8k

Use whatever kind of vinyl you can make money with on this kind of a job. Most racers want to pay next to nothing if anything at all.

Modifieds rub together like every other class and by next year the sponsors will change and so will the layout.

Spring time they all have to show off the new tin so never figure this type of job lasting more than one season.

As far as the bright and shiny look from the premium compared to the 651....is there nuch difference I cant tell from the little sample in book....its for a modified but it aint got a 20k engine lol more like 8k

Not much difference in the gloss between them.