Coaster36

Can not open output device. Error initializing cutter.

I just bought a used Copam 2500 and after trying to install the drivers for the usb to serial adapter I get that error message. Ive tried using the driver on the mini cd that came with the cutter and I tried using the driver from the support page(black box command screen) and I never see the cord in my device manager. The only thing I see when I plug in the cord is "usb-serial controller under other devices" and that doesnt let me change ports.

Where was this yesterday!?!?

Well Ive had some success, I got the cutter to work with my old XP laptop. So everything works, the problem is with vista(shocker). Ill follow those steps and try and get it to work with this laptop. Thanks for that link. It should be stickied in every forum.

Where was this yesterday!?!?

Well Ive had some success, I got the cutter to work with my old XP laptop. So everything works, the problem is with vista(shocker). Ill follow those steps and try and get it to work with this laptop. Thanks for that link. It should be stickied in every forum.

it is sticked on the forum, all this info is also on the USCUTTER..com website> under support

http://support.uscutter.com/

• Like 1

Ive been though all the support pages and never saw something as user friendly as the first link you gave. That makes it really easy to follow.

Sadly it didnt fix my problem. My computer doesnt want to play nice with the driver or this cord. It cant find the driver after i downloaded it from the support page.