DocCarnage

Heat settings question...Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a US Cutter 15x15 digital heat press, and am using Siser vinyl. If I set the heat temp to what is recommended by Siser, per thier website, it won't even stick. >:( Can I get some feedback as to what temperature others use with the Siser vinyl?...

I'm new to the heat-transfer world and any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Try increasing your pressure . There should be a screw/knob . I had the same problem starting out & after adjusting the pressure , was good .

That should be pressed at 315 degree make sure your press is sent on F and not Celsius and like Rodger said maybe a little more pressure. Easy weed is very forgiving so you shouldn't have any problems. Take some small pieces and play with the shirt you already ruined. Try going up in 5 degree at a time until you get it right.

Also where did you purchase the shirts? Some stores such as Walmart etc may have some shirts that are treated with a stain retardant which could affect them. If so try getting your shirts from Michael's or JoAnn's Fabric which both carry and go on sale a lot and are nice to work with...

I had the same problem. As mentioned earlier the press said centigrade but it was actually farenheit. I used a meat thermometor to verify. Now it works perfectly. My press was not from US Cutters but was a cheap import.

I had the same problem when I first started off ( not to long ago ;)

Like Rodger said "pressure" more of it. I tried raising temps and soon realized I was burning the vinyl/transfer and leaving brown spots ;)

on my light coloured tee's. Depending on the brand it could also be coated with a stain guard or the material cured with a colour retainer

( to help prevent the colour washing out ). I have used Gildan only with no issues.

Tip: pre-heat shirt 10 seconds to remove moisture then apply.

Hope this helps,

TomasB

Hey Rodger, I hate to rain on your parade, but that one is useless for heat pressing. It only goes up to 230 degrees. This one would be much better. http://www.harborfre...eter-93984.html

Tony

Hey Tony , Good catch !!! Rain is GOOD ^-^ , it keeps things from drying up :lol: .Thanks for catching that . I have several of the cheaper thermometers I keep in trucks to check tire/bearing temps . I have never checked my press as I have never had any problem after adding more pressure . I am still wanting to buy a heat transfer maker like you had or the cheaper 1 . I think the months got shorter because the bills seem to come much faster than they used to ....

I would realy like to go to that show . i went 1 time & it was very impressive . I stayed overnight & still could have spent more time . They had alot of hand painting people & stuff there . That stuff takes talent !!! I don't think i will make it this time as just about everything is not cooperating including my knee . MRI tonight will find out what's wrong . I think iIhad the pressure set too high :)