Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

LaserPoint wont turn on

I got my LaserPoint today. Its all on the stand ready to go. I plug it on, flip the switch and nothing happens. The LCD stays blank.

I hear a faint repeated clicking noise coming from the bottom of the cutter in the middle. No signs of physical damage anywhere.

What should I do?

I got my LaserPoint today. Its all on the stand ready to go. I plug it on, flip the switch and nothing happens. The LCD stays blank.

I hear a faint repeated clicking noise coming from the bottom of the cutter in the middle. No signs of physical damage anywhere.

What should I do?

Your cutter is a Creation Pcut with a laser, this is from uscutter.com SUPPORT

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.

Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

Your cutter is a Creation Pcut with a laser, this is from uscutter.com SUPPORT

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.

Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

The cutter head is in the middle of the cutter, I have checked the kill switches and they do not seem to be stuck or depressed. I have submitted a ticket.