Sign in to follow this  
hated paint

Light box signs

Does anyone know where to get the metal to build light box type signs?

Single face... double sided... pole mount... pan face or flat? Can you weld or you looking for bolt together kits?

Where you located?

I thought lighted sign boxes required some sort of certification....

It's all in the local code some large municipality require UL listed. All require makers id date of manufacture, volts, amp, watts. All components from ballast to lamp has been UL approved as long as you use them inline with the guide line of that listing. But you have to understand the why's and the how's of cabinet construction. If you have no practical experience in welding... metal forming and electrical wiring. Best call a wholesaler or farm it out to another. It is not like placing vinyl if something fails people can get hurt and property can be damaged. So first step is call your insurance carry and have a rider added for that type of work and raise your limit to 3-5 million in other words expect a large increase in your monthly premium.

Does anyone know where to get the metal to build light box type signs?

Single face One side Flat It is to be mounted to a building face I can weld and have all equipment Im a metal fabricator but havent built any signs yet but dont see any problem in that respect Was looking to use extruded aluminum but just cant seem to find a supplier for the aluminum im located in coastal SC

Single face One side Flat It is to be mounted to a building face I can weld and have all equipment Im a metal fabricator but havent built any signs yet but dont see any problem in that respect Was looking to use extruded aluminum but just cant seem to find a supplier for the aluminum im located in coastal SC

Were those contact numbers any help to you?