banzaimini1

static!!!

man i spent 3 hours trying to fix my static problem today just to cut some heat press vinyl...no problem on regular vinyl it cut fine..my cutter sets ontop of a plastic table " no stand " and till today never had a issue but guess it was my turn...the old dryer sheet helped me work threw it though...just figured id share my troubles for the day lol

being in the 'puter business this may not apply but a few offices I've worked in had MAJOR static issues.

A quick fix for our 'carpet static' was to get a spray bottle and just mist the floor... worked perfect! :D

Spray a fine layer of "static guard" on the back side of the heat press vinyl before you start cutting.

:D

Joey what happened to me is I was cutting heatpress when the cutter stop then went all the way back to home pos. While cutting right threw the middle.. That was my first time haveing that problem let's hope u don't it was a pain in the rear... But I'm def going to try that spray

We have found a solution to the static problem in the MH series. Cost is about $10.00. After static killed two chips in about 10 minutes we sat down and came up with this solution. (We have not killed a chip after putting this into place!)

1. Place a piece of corrugated plastic on the floor under the cutter stand. I used a 4'x6' piece.

2. Find a piece of unpainted metal near your cutter. We used a table leg, scraped of the paint.

3. Take out one of the painted screws under the end of the cutter. Relpace with a unpainted, a little longer than the original, and two flat washers.

4. Take one piece of insulated copper stranded wire, we used #14, remove the insulation from both ends. Attach one end between the two flat washers, tighten screw. Attach other end to table leg, unpainted area..

The above does away with static from the floor and grounds the cutter to something other than the stand it sits on.

Now, for the static from the vinyl:

1. We took a sign stand, standard step stake, put wire nut on the four ends. Took a piece of the same wire, took the insulation off both ends. Attached one end to the unpainted area of the table leg and the other to the stand. You load your vinyl and simply hang the stand, horizontial, on the black plastic pinch roller levers. The stand hangs and touches the vinyl as it rolls into the cutter. Just take the stand off when you want to change vinyl and replace when ready to cut again.