Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Pressing on Shirt Sleeves

I poked around on here looking for previous posts about this topic, but did not come across anything.

Can someone shed some light on this or point me to a few posts that talk about it?

I have a customer that wants them pressed on the sleeve of 20 shirts...what is the best way to line this up?

Thanks in advance.

All I do is line the sleeve up then press it, that will leave a seam line then fold my transfer in half mark top and bottom line it up with the seam line eyeball it to make sure put a small mouse pad inside the sleeve and press away.

So easy a cave man could do it , well if they had heat presses then.. :( :(

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

All I do is line the sleeve up then press it, that will leave a seam line then fold my transfer in half mark top and bottom line it up with the seam line eyeball it to make sure put a small mouse pad inside the sleeve and press away.

So easy a cave man could do it , well if they had heat presses then.. :( :(

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

Same here

For long sleeves, Stahls says to line up your transfer vertically as close to the fold in the sleeve as possible, not to center it on the fold exactly. Supposed to show better when you wear it.Sandy

I have some cut up mouse pads that I place inside of the sleeve. That way the seams are not as much of an issue.

I use a hat press.

you fire up another machine just to do the sleeve?

Just depends. Usually if I am doing sleeves it either isn't at the same time I have my big press on or the wifey is doing front/backs on the big one (she is better at alignment) and so I just let her keep doing those and I do the sleeves (kind of like a production line).