pitbull1126

Credit card Acceptor: Square

I use PayPal and charge the customer a fee to use a card. Usually they can get the cash together if it means saving 10%.

RG

The problem with Paypal is most customers can't understand how to follow the link. Computers have been here for years, and they can't follow a simple link than scroll down to were it says, If You Don't Have an Account Click Here or Fill out this section.

Anyways, It looks more professional when you can take a credit card directly.

The cost is similar to Paypal.

This looks freaking awesome.  Fees are cheaper than Google Checkout and comparable to Paypal, as screenprintr says.  I'm signing up stat, what do you have to lose?

I almost forgot, I have one customer that I do regular work for periodically that by his suggestion pays me on a pre paid Visa gift card so he can float the expense on his American Express acct., he buys them at CVS for $3.95 and the one he gave me two years ago he just reloades it on the website everytime he wants something. The advantage here for me is that it's easy for him because I already have the card in my posession... no more bidding/competing for his business everytime he calls because I already know the drill.

RG

I almost forgot, I have one customer that I do regular work for periodically that by his suggestion pays me on a pre paid Visa gift card so he can float the expense on his American Express acct., he buys them at CVS for $3.95 and the one he gave me two years ago he just reloades it on the website everytime he wants something. The advantage here for me is that it's easy for him because I already have the card in my posession... no more bidding/competing for his business everytime he calls because I already know the drill.

RG

great idea!

I received mine in the mail a couple days ago. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's so cool and small!

How long did it take for you to get?

I received mine in the mail a couple days ago. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's so cool and small!

How long did it take for you to get?

I received a email saying it was shipped, in my hands 2-3 days later. It took about 2-3 months before it got shipped out to me though.

It's a new product on the market and everything is still in the works for the company.

I received an email on Monday, that the Swiper was shipped. I'm hoping I have the Swiper tonight or on Friday. If it comes by US mail I could even get it on Saturday.

It took about 3 to 4 weeks. Based on my first responding post which was October 6. I shouldn't count my chickens.

I tried mine for the first time last night. Took about 15-20 swipes at first. Now it works on the first swipe. It's so nice. :(

Yeppie, I got my last night. I'll probably finish setting it up tonight and start using it with small orders.

I got my notice on Monday, square in my hand today. My short experience with it indicates that if the dongle spins at all your card won't read.  to get a good read, lay it on a table then swipe.

Yea, it took me several swipes to get it to read while holding it.

I also noticed on their website it now says you pay .15 cents per transaction in addition to the 2.75 or 3.50%.

The last draw will be a maintenance fee, or monthly fee.

Yea, it took me several swipes to get it to read while holding it.

I also noticed on their website it now says you pay .15 cents per transaction in addition to the 2.75 or 3.50%.

The last draw will be a maintenance fee, or monthly fee.

The .15 charge was always there.

It's listed on the fee page. it says 2.75% + .15 and 3.75% + .15

It works, I was able to charge myself $1.00 with one swipe, and my company made a profit of $0.82  :(

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, still waiting on the dongle. Hopefully it wont take 3 months like the rest of you had to wait. But I used the software last weekend on my Ipod at a band show and was able to get $90 in sales for shirts that I would have missed if not for the software. Just had to pay the higher rate for manual entry. But profit is profit.

kevin

I have been thinking about charging the extra 2.75 or 3.75% fee with credit card orders.

Thoughts?

Thats pretty illegal. You cannot pass on your banks finance charge.