uscutterboy

Keep getting burn marks around the edges of jpss paper ?

You're welcome  :lol: .

Harbor Freight is my kind of place  :lol:

I ordered the thermometer.  I hope this new  press is not a disaster to deal with. I will keep you guys posted on the results

I want to say thank you not only to Roger but to every one who contributes to helping others in these forums and in life.

I want to say thank you not only to Roger but to every one who contributes to helping others in these forums and in life.

You are more than welcome . Thanks , I feel impotent ... I mean important  :D . I have been helped so much here & appreciate the members , especially the camaraderie that this forum has . Now if we can get Jenl93 to get bored with whatever has her busy & get involved here again , I would be VERY happy . I thank all the members that apply the " pay it forward " attitude , especially Speedy as she has been the most active helpfull member for quite some time  :thumbsup: . John is the hero of the forum & I have learned much from him ... not just in vinyl cutting , but also in realistic , practical , mature perspectives . We have butted heads & disagreed , but as an e-mail from him said , we can disagree & still be friends . Emotions are tough to control epescially patience , but I am glad most members are not trivial . I think I'll have another beer now ( I lost count  :D ) .. I might even drink some jack & think of Bayotle . after that I might start a thread title " atta boy/gal " that gives credit to members already mentioned plus Dakota etc  :thumbsup:

the press is off by up to 40 degrees F in some places.  Thanks for the help...        ;D  Just another learning experience.  Stoked to have this badass infared thermometer.

contact sunie - if you bought it off their site you have a 3 year warranty and they are great on fixing things!

This is what I wrote to Sunie...    Hi, I bought a heat press from your company a couple of months ago.

From the first day that I bought it I noticed problems. I pressed

maybe 150 t shirts thinking that everything is fine.   I then started

expermenting with JPSS paper.  The paper was burning.  My fellow

coluges had advised me to purchase a infrared thermometer. I did just

that. The press is off by 40 degrees from the front of the press to

the back. The press thermometer reads only the back of the plate, esentially

burning every thing that I pressed up to this point.  How do I fix

this problem ?

the response

Your infrared thermometer only can test the heat press surface

temperature, not actual transfer temperature. You may reduce temperature if

the paper is burned.

Thanks.

Jane

the response

Your infrared thermometer only can test the heat press surface

temperature, not actual transfer temperature. You may reduce temperature if

the paper is burned.

Thanks.

Jane

Yeah, I would be MAD!!!  I think I would ask her what the difference is between a transfer temperature and a surface temperature.

Also, what do they recommend heat press owners go by, transfer temp or surface temp?

I've never heard anyone mention Transfer Tempature before.

Also, what do they recommend heat press owners go by, transfer temp or surface temp?

I've never heard anyone mention Transfer Tempature before.

Ask her what surface temp you are supposed to use to get the right "TRANSFER TEMP"  ;D Then ask if you use the front temp or the rear temp to go by. LOL ;D