Sign in to follow this  
LEISUREBEACH

SBE

Hi can someone tell me how to get my SBE to stop downloading all my designs to my desktop every time I import a file??? I figured there is a setting somewhere but haven't found it. Thanks in advance for any help :huh:

When I go to import if the screen that pops up is set to look for files on my desk top and I change it to the sbe folder, which is where i save all my work, it will save copies of designs on my desktop with the extension of pvw not sure why?:huh:

yes, preview files.

i cant say why its opening to the desktop, mine always opens to the last folder i used with it. in any even, yes, it will save a preview file of anything that you preview when trying to import in the folder that the item is in.

it is annoying, and it does happen. there is a thread here going about how o write code to have your pc delete them automatically, if you want to go that way.

This is occurring because the originals are on your desktop. The preview files are generated when you view a graphic through the open or import screen. If you move your images into a sub folder or disable previews on the import or open screen then you will no longer have this .PVW files generate on your desktop. Hope this helped.

the bad part about disabling previews is that you had better name your files in a way that you know what they are without seeing them.

This is occurring because the originals are on your desktop. The preview files are generated when you view a graphic through the open or import screen. If you move your images into a sub folder or disable previews on the import or open screen then you will no longer have this .PVW files generate on your desktop. Hope this helped.

OK what do you mean sub folder I have my SBE folder saved on my external drive which is located at the K drive not on my desktop or c drive.Can you better explain what your saying. Thanks

when you try to import anyhthing, the first thing you do is to open up the "import" screen. it gives you previews of all the files in the selected folder.

any file that it finds in that folder that it lets you preview, it then makes a preview file in that same folder. if it opens to your desktop, every file that it previews there will have a preview file then made on your desktop. if from there you go to "my pictures" it will then create a preview file for every file it previews in your "my pictures" folder. ect...

idk how to set it to automatically open to your external drive,  but i can assure you that whatever path (desktop, my pics, ect) the import screen opens, it will make pvw files of every importable file in that same directory.

make sense now?

again, this is only explaining the nature of your "problem", which is atually normal.

again, idk how to set it to auto go to your external drive when you click inport, which would, i think, solve your main concern.

OR, in my case, i HATE cluttered desktops. i have 6 items on my desktop. recycle bin, my computer, firefox, control pannel, my user folder (which contains "my docs", "my music" ect), and a temp folder. any immediate projects im working on go in there.

in my case, IF IT DID open to my desktop, no preview files would be made since there are no importable files to preview there.

when you try to import anyhthing, the first thing you do is to open up the "import" screen. it gives you previews of all the files in the selected folder.

any file that it finds in that folder that it lets you preview, it then makes a preview file in that same folder. if it opens to your desktop, every file that it previews there will have a preview file then made on your desktop. if from there you go to "my pictures" it will then create a preview file for every file it previews in your "my pictures" folder. ect...

idk how to set it to automatically open to your external drive,  but i can assure you that whatever path (desktop, my pics, ect) the import screen opens, it will make pvw files of every importable file in that same directory.

make sense now?

Thank you for the break down. I guess i better get use to deleting the files. I can't do without my preview.Thanks again have a great weekend ;D