Sign in to follow this  
selbyFX

Show ME How? please

hey I just got my refine mh721 it's great however i can't seem to figure out the relationship between inkscape and sign cut.  They seem to be in mortal conflict with each other.  here's my problem i'm trying to get a simple text graphic to export from inkscape into signcut x2. however every available format that i can save with in inkscape is not fully compatible with signcut x2.  i normally will get an image that has the vectorizing message come up and then i have thirty different colors to try to clean up for plotting, or if i save it as an eps it nearly works but i only get part of the image.  can somebody post a video on how to use simple text and maybe some altered and stretched text to plot on with inkscape?

are you adjusting the setting in Inkscape before you save as an .eps? If not,you need to adjust until you get the clearest,most defined image that you can.It also helps to have a very large,clear .bmp or other image to begin with. Although I use Flexi ,I assume signcut works the same way and I never have any problems doing an .eps.

Hope this helps,maybe someone who is more familiar with signcut can add to it.

My advice would be to save your money and get Flexi...you can get the starter version for under $100. Well worth it ,to me.

I found that if you work with it illustrator does a wonderful job of exporting to sign cut but i have 29 days left for it so i'd really like to get inkscape or another freeware program to work as well for exporting to signcut or cutting directly would be even better.  if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Having the same problem with inkscape, I save it as a eps file and either nothing or one letter shows up on signcut. HELP!

If you have the money to do it go buy adobe illustrator cs2 or core draw 13 then you can import with no problem that all I know to tell you ..PS:  .. if you can aford it buy adobe illustrator cs2 , core draw 13 and vinylmaster pro..that all you will ever need...Plus about 2 years of your life to learn the software