flamer

Create cutmask just around the outline of image

When I go through the standard steps for contour cutting, I convert the image to 1 color bitmap but the problem is, if its an image with a lot of colors, lets say its a photo for example, I get white holes inside the image too because its impossible to adjust the threshold so the entire image is blackened, there are always bits in the middle because they have a white color that are traced around also.

So lets say I have a cartoon image, his eyes and shirt are white, I have dark garment transfer paper and a black tshirt. I don't want to be cutting out the white eyes because then when I press it onto the shirt it would show the black shirt rather than the white transfer paper.

Hopefully makes sense, I can't think of any scenario where I would ever want cutlines inside a contour cut for tshirt transfer paper (but all tutorials seem to have this). If anyone could give me a pointer on how to do it that would be great, I have signblazer, inkscape, signcut x2. Illustrator cs4.

delete the extra lines?

Ok I hope its as simple as that, so how do I delete the extra lines, just eraser tool over them? (haven't got it installed on this computer to test it)

Not sure how your software does it, mine you just click break polyline and delete the unwanted paths, here is a Youtube vid of it on Roland CutStudio but the concept should be the same for your software,

Try to weld the pic and then outline the image. Then turn on the cut mask for just the outline.