Sign in to follow this  
Skullzeezs

..Transfer tape and Material...

Well i have read around but can not find anything about transfer tape. Now are all transfer tapes the same??? I am looking on ebay and see there are SOOO many different kinds. I need it for wall art and car decals, if that makes a difference... any suggestions on what you like?

Now i read for wall art oracal 631 is best... now what about car decals? for windows/bumpers??

thanks!

For the apps you just specified I personaly would use a medium tack tape, I have had really good luck with Perfect Tear, picks up good and realeases nice.

651 for you auto decals. :thumbsup:

For the apps you just specified I personaly would use a medium tack tape, I have had really good luck with Perfect Tear, picks up good and realeases nice.

good advice

good advice

+1

Main perfect tear medium tack would be the paper app tape. R-Tape AT60 is the clear

thank you!

What tape are you guys using in Coroplast? I am uning maintape medium tack and I'm thinking bout going to low tack as it seems to pull the vinyl back off the indentations and make WAY too many bubbles..That is the only thing I haven't tried , yes I pull back the tape right level with the sheet, I've tried soaking with app fluid, use a big squeegie and resqueegie with a small one, still bubbles appear. It seems like it takes too much force to remove the transfer tape. 

My question on the clear transfer tape is which is the thinnest and most flexable? 

I got the R-tape from uscutter and dont like it. 

It is thick and stiff and tends to curl up when on the vinyl for a time.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

My question on the clear transfer tape is which is the thinnest and most flexable? 

I got the R-tape from uscutter and dont like it. 

It is thick and stiff and tends to curl up when on the vinyl for a time.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

yea , i have seen this before, its thicker and not thin... i am looking for thin transfer tape, like what they use on car decals when you buy them, not MX type... the motorheads like thicker transfer tape.... but for what i want i need it paper thin