Dr Smith

CE5000 won't cut from Flexistarter

Got a new CE5000 today..Ya :thumbsup:. But... I can't get flexistarter to cut anything but a string of tiny little numbers and letters that don't mean anything. Also when it starts cutting the string of nothing I can only stop it by turning the machine off  :thumbsup:.  I went through the production manager and set up the port to Graphtec usb. Everything seems to be in order. Any ideas? It cuts fine from Robo Master pro but I would rather use Flexi for now.

Guest fivestar

Go into the menu on that cutter and change the language setting from gpl to hgpl.  That's what is causing that.

I can't find that option. Is it in the production manager? I know I ran across it last night but for the life of me I can't find it again :huh:.

it is on your cutter..  look in your Graphtec user manual.   You can download it from Graphtec,  and also should be on your Graphtec disc.  

this may help

3.1 Setting the Format of Data to be Received

Before data is sent from the computer, the format (command mode) of the data sent by the application software

must be checked. The cutting plotter accepts two data formats (command modes): GP-GL (Graphtec)

and HP-GL commands. Set the command mode to suit the application used.

■ Setting the Command Mode

Check to confirm that the cutting plotter is in READY mode (displaying the current pen settings).

Press the (PAUSE) key to switch to PAUSE mode, and then press the (NEXT) or (PREV.) key

until the menu shown below is displayed.

Press the (ENTER) key to display the menu shown below.

Press the or key to select

Sweet..Thanks all.

I've now joined the graphtec lover crowd. This thing is sooo much nicer than my Pcut. I wish I would have skipped the frustration right form the start.

Again thanks for the help and I'm sure I will have more questions for you all.