c.broyles

? on vinyl

Im about order a cutter and vinyl and release tape. i was looking at ORACAL 651 Intermediate Cal Vinyl 15" x 10 Yard Roll (Punched)

Automotive decals are what i'm going to be doing for right now. later on i want to do some signs. my question is 15 X 10 yard roll it says punched. this might sound stupid but what does punched me

The cutter i'm getting is a MH 721 25 INCH cutter.

Punched means it has the little holes on the ends. Kinda like the old dot matrix printer paper that had the holes on the side.

It's made for cutters with the track feed.

You will lose about .5" for the holes on the vinyl so you will have 14.5" of cutting area.

Thanks, ill probably just order the 24X10 roll instead.

i just didn't want to waste vinyl with a bigger roll.

for the price per square inch the 24" is a good value for your money.

It all depends on wether you use the other 9 inches or not. I use mostly 15" for everything.

I mostly use 24".  I'm real careful to position the graphic to waste as little vinyl as possible.  If I do waste, I try to make the waste piece a size/dimension that can be used for a smaller project.

Thanks, i order my cutter  vinyl and transfer paper all at once so i can get it at the same time. i'll check with signwarehouse on material for later on. are they a pretty good company to get supplys from?

My personal experience with signwarehouse has not been a good one....they flubbed up a couple of my orders...and seem dead set on calling me and shipping everything to frank when my name is Thomas......even though they have told me its been corrected 3 or 4 times now.  My experience doesn't necessarily jive with the experience of some others however.

My money goes to Fellers for supplies...you have to call them for an account, but they have great customer service.  Love em.