Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

YouTube Video showing me blasting letters with On-site blaster

Guest Schramm

Here is a short 5 minute video on blasting with an on-site blaster.  This really is not this slow, I slowed down my work so you could see it working.  Enjoy the music!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest Schramm

Here is the finished mirror

post-0-12986550950609_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550952549_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550953139_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298655095375_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550964901_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550965354_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550965783_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550966219_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

I know R2D2 is like my hidden secret and one of the best investments that I have made.  It is a little slower then I like but the results are worth the time!

yeah, I think is kinda slow too, but is the price you pay for a mobile system.

Guest Schramm

Do you have one as well?  I have found that using 60 grit AO and opening it up to 125 psi (which on my compressor is 11.5 cfm) works pretty good.  The video shows me going slow but I slowed it down so people could see it going as that would of been 2 times as fast but this was a demo.  I landed 2 jobs off that video today!  I love YouTube!

Guest kenya

The detail of the video is great (the audio drove me crazy-  :thumbsup:;D ;D)

I would love to invest in a system like that in the future.

It produces a great finish & doing it on site is wonderful.  :thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

I call it shop bot or R2D2, it takes a little time to get use to and you have to make jigs to hold some of your projects but other then that, the sky is the limit on the size that you can do.

Your stuff always looks awesome.  It has certainly inspired me.  Just curious, how noisy is your on-site blaster?  I would assume the bulk of the noise would come from the vacuum.

Keep up the great work!

Guest Schramm

Your stuff always looks awesome.  It has certainly inspired me.  Just curious, how noisy is your on-site blaster?  I would assume the bulk of the noise would come from the vacuum.

Keep up the great work!

rom

I dont have a clue how noisy as I never run my compressor without noise cancelling ear protective gear.  My compressor and all my equipment is in a 250 sf room in my basement so needless to say without the ear protection I would more then likely be def!  You get a combo of the vac and the compressor and in order to run it you need about 10 cfm at 100 or better psi.

Normally I spend 20% of what I make back into my business in either equipment, software, computers, plotters not to mention a multitude of blasting stuff.  Sandblasting is not cheap from the start but you can definatly get going for about $2000.  If you get a shop bot let me know and I will help you anytime you want.

great music!!  lol

whats the stencil cut from and have you used any wash out material and whats the best resist you have found?

I use just my vinyl for now on glass and mirrors with my blaster but want to try some more detailed work and was looking at rapid mask?

Thanks for the info.  I'm gonna have to take a road trip and come see your work.  You can hide your trade secrets while I'm there. :thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

great music!!  lol

whats the stencil cut from and have you used any wash out material and whats the best resist you have found?

I use just my vinyl for now on glass and mirrors with my blaster but want to try some more detailed work and was looking at rapid mask?

I almost always use spray/paint mask.  I would never use normal vinyl as it has no resistance (I mean it will work but not its purpose).  You will never have an issue with paint mask as long as you are using a syphon feed or with a pressure pot using AO with a 120 grit or above.  I love 220 grit with my pot and 60 grit with my shop bot.